Reared in a small town in the rural South with three lively siblings, a schoolteacher/shop-owner mother, and a career-mailman father (both of whom were English majors and writers), Priscilla gained a love of reading, writing, playing, thinking, music, solitude, nature and animals. Passionately dedicated to acquiring knowledge and new experiences, she’s lived in Atlanta, St. Louis, Delaware, Belgium and Pennsylvania and has roamed widely. She has a second home in the magical Smokey Mountains of North Carolina, near the mystical vibes of Asheville.
Priscilla’s career spans being an in-the-field market researcher, a medical editor for leading publishers, an insurance executive for a Fortune 100 company, a marketing product manager for the world’s largest privately held collectables company, a freelance writer, and an award- winning beer journalist. These varied experiences qualified her to be, what else?, a novelist. Her novels remain unpublished yet professionally edited, workshopped and marketed.
Today, Priscilla is a yoga teacher and book reviewer, two deliciously harmonious jobs. She is also under contract with the Appalachian Mountain Club to write 50 BEST DAY HIKES IN NEW JERSEY. Look for it in 2019!
- 20-hour Gong Resonance Therapy Workshop with Crown of Eternity, www.CrownofEternity.com, 2/18, Sarasota, FL
- 3-day chair yoga intensive workshop with international trainer Willem Wittstamm (Mangala Singh), Aug. 12, 13, 14, 2016 at Khalsa Healing Arts in Yardley, PA (Priscilla co-produced event)
- 62-hour Kundalini Teacher Training Level II, Relationship Module, Oct.-Jan. 2015-2016, at Khalsa Healing Arts in Yardley, PA
- 3-day Chair Yoga training, International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Nassau, Bahamas, 1/15
- 8-hour Healing Gong Workshop with Crown of Eternity, www.CrownofEternity.com, 11/14
- Reiki certified, Level Two, 11/14, with Joyce Cooke, Bensalem, PA
- 48-CEU SuperHealth ® Specialty Professional Training: Yogic Science to Break Habits & Addictive Behaviors at Guru Ram Das Ashram, Espanola, NM, 3/14
- 15-CEU Chair Yoga Teacher Certificate with Deborah Kurilla of Integral Yoga Works, Warrington, PA, 2/14
- 25-CEU Yoga Therapy Training Intensive with Todd Norian at Kripalu, MA, 2/13
- 8-hour Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor Workshop Training, Chester County, PA 11/12
- CPR certified, Newtown, PA 11/12
- 200-hour Kundalini Yoga certification at Khalsa Healing Arts, Yardley, PA, 3/12
- B.A. Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- CERTIFIED AND INSURED
Employment: Director of Marketing at Cigna Group Insurance; Product Manager at the Franklin Mint collectibles; Medical book acquisitions editor at W.B. Saunders.
- Vice President, Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association
- President, Editorial Freelancers’ Association (Philadelphia chapter)
- Chapter Chair, Delaware Valley Chapter of the Appalachian Mountain Club
- President, Bucks County Neighbors
- Short stories in literary magazines
- 1st Place in Institutional Advertising & Direct Mail Promotion from the Professional Insurance Marketing Association
- Gold & Silver Awards for feature articles from the North American Guild of Beer Writers (judged by University of Missouri journalism school).
Priscilla is a professional book reviewer at The US Review of Books. Click here for reviews. www.theUSreview.com Interested in getting your book professionally reviewed? Contact Priscilla at [email protected].
- Priscilla is also a volunteer hike leader for the non-profit Appalachian Mountain Club and leads yoga and hiking retreats at AMC’s lodge (Mohican Outdoor Center) in the DE Water Gap. https://www.outdoors.org/lodging/lodges/mohican/Website (click
- She served on the Mohican Outdoor Center committee, 2014-2015.
- She teaches Yoga for Addictions at the annual international conference for Women for Sobriety.
- Priscilla served as Membership Chair, President and Advisor of Bucks County Neighbors social and philanthropic group. Member since 2003.
- She served on the 2014 Bucks County Free Library Community Planning Committee.